This 2012, many search engine optimization experts expect Google to release more Panda updates in order to provide high quality content to their users.
Ever since its release in February last year, the latest Google’s search algorithm update, the Google Panda Update, has already made 11 confirmed Panda updates, with the last being Panda Update 3.1 which was rolled out last November 18, 2011. Since then, only unconfirmed rumors of updates and fluxes have come out - though some discussion and chatter have come out at WebmasterWorld about a possible Panda update that is said to have been started on December 19th last year as a shifting of the search results and a top SEO occurred.
Now as the year 2012 starts its year, Google - after a short holiday break of no more major Google Panda updates for the remainder of the year 2011 - is expected again by many webmasters and SEO company experts to regain its algorithm footing and resume rolling out another series of Panda algorithm changes as SEO Service providers believe that it is inevitable and realistic to expect Google to release many more ranking algorithm changes. This is because Google has always ultimately aimed to provide its users with relevant high-quality sites.
Now, with this in mind, here are some SEO Tips to make your site ready to cope well for another round of Google Panda Updates this 2012:
- Increase Spider Crawl Rates. By increasing the speed of crawling in your website, the chances of more pages being indexed by Google’s spiders will also increase. To increase your website’s speed of crawling, you can either manually increase it or do some SEO techniques like adding and posting consistently more and more quality and original contents, as well as continuing the adding of quality links from high domain authority and relevant sites to increase the value of your site. Your server response time will also affect Google’s crawl rate.
- Clean Up Your Site. Separate out all auto-generated content. Then block the indexing and crawling of all low quality contents in your site to prevent it from lowering the ranking of your entire site. Low value content can greatly affect your site as it can cause the algorithm to slap down your entire site even if a great deal of your content is unique and valuable.
- Social is In. As Google gives more importance to what other people recommend, share, and think about, as well as Google+ and Pages having a direct impact on its SERPs, you must create and claim your own Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and other social media site profiles and join the conversation. Make sure to share links to your best content and in time, those incoming links from others will grow.
- Focus On Trust and Authority. Among the latest Google ranking factors are trust and authority which may extend to your links, your tweets, and your resources related to the site. Trust could be measured by the links awarded to the article. And the more authoritative the link, the more trustworthy the article. Make sure to make an “authoritative content” as this will be the one to attract the authoritative links and is judged by Google Panda in the term of authority. Here are some questions listed out for you by Google Webmaster Central Blog that can serve as a guideline to produce what they think is the “authoritative content”:
Some More Points to Consider:
- Would you trust the information presented in this article?
- Is this article written by expert/enthusiast who knows the topic well, or is it shallower in nature?
- Is the site a recognized authority on its topic?
- Would you recognize this site as an authoritative source when mentioned by name?
- Is this the sort of page you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend, or recommend?
- Try to create your content with these questions in mind, so you will be ready to face Panda this year.
- Keep Track and Recognize Panda Updates. Always keep track of the latest Panda updates.
Keep on visiting our SEO Tips and Updates Blog. Feel free to read our SEO articles and news. Or if you're searching for a reliable Search Engine Optimisation Company that provides Cost-Effective SEO Packages, then see our SEO Portfolio.